Monday, March 21, 2011

Home...sort of

Well, I made it! I landed in Miami last Sunday, March 13th and then later that day in Houston, Texas where I was blessed to spend a few days with my brother and cousins. We watched Dumb and Dumber and Inside Job, a documentary about the Wall Street direction of our government. Welcome to the U.S.
Pat (my brother) and I also learned how to shoot a 1911 Springfield pistol and an AR-15. Welcome to Texas.

Wednesday March 16th I arrived in San Diego to the waiting arms of Joshua. Welcome home! (Sort of). The past 5 nights have not been spent consecutively in the same place and I'm still, in a sense, living out of my backpack. All of this to say, it's been an absolute blessing to be home and to have so many people with whom to share stories and memories and to contemplate the big "What's next?" question.*

One of the highlights of being home was going to Journey Church with Joshua's family and hearing Pastor Edouard from Carrefour, Haiti! It filled me with such joy to hear Creole and to speak with him and his translator after the service. It was such a high to have to come down from that I feel as though this may be the beginning of the infamous "Readjustment Phase" - the questioning, the frustration, the reminiscing and the checking of plane ticket prices for a trip back in the summer!!!

Much love to you all and thank you for all of the prayers that got me home safe!

*At this point, the "What's Next" question looks like it will be answered with a return to San Diego this summer to live with my best friend Ashley, look for a job and begin taking Nursing pre-requisites at a community college. Si Bondye vle : )

No comments:

Post a Comment