Monday, January 3, 2011

Je suis arrivée

After each of my three flights was delayed, I finally landed in Port-au-Prince, surprisingly less than an hour late. My friend Tony was waiting, with car ready. Praise the Lord!

We went all over the city, getting some food, and searching for a phone and phone card. (No luck yet, but will keep you posted). We went to Bon Repo where his aunt and uncle live and are rebuilding their home. It was a beautiful afternoon with a cool breeze and delicious Haitian hospitality.

After several hours of sitting and trying to converse and feeling oh-so-exhausted, Tony's uncle, two cousins and Tony all drove me to the Morquettes, which is apparently NOT on Delmas 33 as I remembered. Nevertheless, we arrived and I met their daughter Valerie and her beau Laurent. We played dominos and laughed, ate delicious dinner (with red sauce!), I read my letter for the week and passed out asleep.

It's my first day "working" at King's and Dr. Junie has me making identification cards for all of the staff. I should get back to it...

Lanmou (Love),

Ana
(the Haitians are very efficient and instead of my name having 6 letters it now only has 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment