Saturday, January 1, 2011

Away We Go

After months of planning and re-planning the day has finally arrived. Bags are packed and checked. Arrangements made and confirmed. Goodbyes said and re-said. As I type, I am sitting in the San Diego Airport waiting to board my first of 3 flights to take me to Haiti.

What I find there will be so different from the luxuries I have enjoyed here but the biggest difference will be the company. I will miss so many people while I am gone, the ease of calling up a friend to laugh the day away, and the comfort of love's embrace.

I am so blessed to be flying into the care of friends. To know that familiar faces will greet me, meet me along the way (Michael and Grace Community Fellowship!) and take me home with them is more than I could have imagined. Thank you to all who are making this trip so unbelievable. I love you all!!

Now boarding flight 3028 to Los Angeles....

No comments:

Post a Comment